Welcome to Diggs School of Dance
Home of Bayside Youth Ballet
6756 Main Street, Gloucester, VA 23061
Registration is Open!
6 Weeks Summer Session begin Monday, June 24, 2019
Diggs School of Dance, established in 1975, is a technique-oriented program designed to develop an appreciation for dance and ensure that all students have the opportunity to express themselves through this very special art form. The school offers a concentrated program for those students desiring an intense level of study as well as a general program designed for students who want to dance for personal enjoyment or physical fitness.
Both programs provide an environment that develops students physically, emotionally and intellectually. This environment is achieved through highly qualified and dedicated teachers committed to promoting self-esteem, encouraging self-confidence and offering positive challenges for every student.
The faculty members of Diggs School of Dance are continuously working to enhance and strengthen the quality of dance instruction your child receives, as well as ensuring that the training environment is safe and nurturing.
Why is Diggs School of Dance the right choice for your dancer?
- DSD offers highly qualified teachers with extensive training in dance and education.
- DSD teachers are focused on promoting self-esteem, encouraging self-confidence and offering positive challenges for every student.
- DSD provides state-of-the-art facilities with floating dance floors to reduce the risk of injury and ceiling to floor mirrors.
- DSD offers extra performance opportunities through Bayside Youth Ballet.
- DSD continues to produce exceptionally talented dancers who successfully compete in college dance programs, professional dance companies and dance education training.
What do students achieve through dance?
- Physical fitness
- Self Discipline
- Self Respect
- Team work
- Self Expression
- Self Confidence
- Time Management
- Cultural Awareness